Monday, January 23, 2012

Clock is ticking....


Sibling's helping stock the dresser!

The countdown is officially 1 week and 3 days… or 10 days if you want me to do the math J I have decided that I should probably get this “hospital bag” packed and ready to go.  I plan on doing that shortly…right after the NAP I could really use right now.  I’ve caught some winter blues – and have limited ability to breathe out of my nose, which I  imagine wouldn’t be a good thing if I went into labor.  I need FULL access to my deep breaths – through the nose & mouth. 

38 weeks !
So while i’ve been laying low trying to beat this bug, we’ve started washing all of babies ‘itty bitty clothes.  These little clothes are SOOOOOO tiny and I can’ even believe soon they will be fitting on our little man.  Now we’re really getting excited! There’s still some chores to be done before baby arrives, but our guess is that he wont be here on time.  There is actually a Baby Pool on Facebook right now, guessing the date & weight of Baby M. Let’s just say that not many people think I’ll be coming early.  (is that a foreshadowing of his mother’s usual tardiness).  If you’d like to contribute & don’t see the invite on Facebook,..please feel free to leave your guesses below.   Sorry I  don’t have anything profound to contribute this week, and I blame that on “baby brain.”  However, we did go to the doctor this past Friday and on her internal examine, she informed us that she “tickled the top of his head.”  That was one wild thing to hear…he’s getting closer and closer to this outside world of ours J


Counting down,
mama j



6 comments:

  1. Maybe since everyone thinks he will be late, he will decide to spite us and show up early!! Give him a rub for me!!!

    Xoxo
    Auntie Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby M is almost here. February 2 seemed so far away and it's next week!! So exciting.
    I love that the nurse "tickled his head."
    I'm guessing that he will be late--February 7 and weigh 8 lbs, 2 ounces.
    I hope this sunny Spring like day is clearing the air and that your cold is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky says February 5th; she says that's a lucky day. She also predicts that he will weight 6 lbs, 9 oz. Okay, enough said on that.
      Love your blog and your upbeat attitude!
      We'd expect that from your parents' offspring.

      Delete
  3. Come on Jamie, UPDATES... we need a picture :)
    You are now less than a week before Baby M's due date.
    --So excited in anticipation. Your Mom is ready to burst with excitement. I hope that your cold has gotten better and that you've been able to practice lots of deep breathing. I love your picture on Facebook of your stocked freezer with meals. That is a fantastic idea.
    Counting down the days....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hun....
    I am so proud to be sharing all these great times with you. I am also very proud to call you my wife. I couldnt love you anymore than i do at this special time in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going with February 4th. Mason will weigh 7 pounds, 2 oz. OMG Jamie... SO amazing.

    ReplyDelete